Friday, August 22, 2008

Coming Back

I considered abandoning this blog altogether. However, I've decided it is a part of my life. I'm very sorry for the feelings that were hurt in my "melt down" blog (including my own). I'm reminded daily of one of the consequences of being a little too open and honest, but if you could feel how much healing power there was just in writing the things I was so afraid to say, you would be happy for me and understand there was absolutely no intent to hurt anyone. I just had to get some of those crazy thoughts out of my head and somehow that just seemed the way to do it. I've seen floods of support for friends and acquaintances who are suffering from physical illness and was searching for that same type of support for the emotional and mental things I was going through. I did receive much of that. I truly believe God has answered my prayers and you will find that future post on this site will have a much better outlook on life. I'm reminded of one of my most favorite prayers, which says "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference." I may have been a bit stubborn, but He has finally gotten through. I'll probably only be updating this blog once a month or so, but have started an additional blog. It will contain stories I want my grandchildren to remember when I am long gone. Check it out sometime. And please make comments. It is so disappointing to see post where no one makes comments. Even if the comment says, "Your writing stinks!" God speed to you all and I pray that somehow the things I have written may just help someone else someday who is struggling through an emotional or mental crisis.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Glad you didn't abandon your blog.

Hey did you here about the new law firm in town.

It's Kanwe, Cheatem & Howe L.L.C.

Haha, just think. You raised me.

Cindy said...

I'm glad you didn't retire your blog too. Ok, you can tell everyone it was me who made the menopause comment, like they didn't figure that out already. haha At least we can go through it together like friends should. Also, just how long is it going to take before I become a blogger, oops, I almost put booger. hehehehe Cindy

Unknown said...

Your writing does not stink! You are the one who inspired me to be a blogger. I'm still learning.