Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Family Time



Last weekend, Mama, Daddy, Phillip, and me took a quick trip up to Illinois to visit with family. I remember many childhood trips to Peoria to visit my Aunt Jean, Uncle Buddy, Pam, and Tom. Lots of years have passed, but I was still just as excited to see everyone. Maybe even more than when I was a child. I have so many great childhood memories that evolved around either us going to Peoria or Aunt Jean and family coming home to Tennessee. Well Uncle Buddy doesn't race cars anymore and the whole family (except Tom) has moved to the country. Tom and Cheryl (sorry if I didn't spell correctly) live in the old family home in Peoria. Mike, Pam, Aunt Jean, and Uncle Buddy have moved to a little area called Trivoli tucked neatly in between massive corn fields. Driving down the road to their houses reminded me of going down to my grandparent's house in the old days. This place is the answer to Mike and Pam's dreams (except it's not in Tennessee). They have such a nice place and Aunt Jean and Uncle Buddy are conveniently nestled right next door.

Phillip and me slipped away one day and headed off to Oak Lawn just outside of Chicago to visit with his Uncle Harlon. It was a great time. Uncle Harlon was so happy to see Phillip again.

Be sure and check out our photo album.