Thursday, November 13, 2008

Romance is Alive and Well!


.....At least it is at the Cadillac Theater in Chicago! In 1987, Patrick Swayze danced into the hearts of females of all ages. Yesterday, Regina, Cassie (Regina's friend) and myself danced our way (using trains, planes, and automobiles) into Chicago and retreated into a dream world while watching the Broadway Musical of "Dirty Dancing". Josef Brown, who played Johnny Castle, wasn't Patrick Swayze, but he still aroused those fantasies that live inside of every female (no matter what the age). I've often heard of folks who fly to some city to go shopping or some other event for a day, but never saw myself as one of those people. Well, I loved it. Stepping outside my safety zone proved to be a refreshing, fun, exciting, and exhausting day. Was it worth it? Absolutely. It was worth the bumpy flight because of weather, the cab ride through downtown Chicago, and the subway ride (initially by mistake taken towards Harlem instead of the airport) back to the airport. Today it was back to work, but for yesterday, it was "the time of my life". I recommend it to anyone. And if the timing is right, you just might convince me to do it again! Thanks to Regina for making all of the arrangements and allowing her "old mother-in-law" to tag along.

1 comment:

Regina said...

No thank you needed..I told you Dirty Dancing is ageless...there were many people there much older than you...I got somewhat embarassed every time they said a cuss word or had one of their "intimate" moments..those grandmothers don't need to see that!