Saturday, May 23, 2009

Restoration

It's been a while since I have made a post, but have something to share today. When I go back to the doctor on June 1st, I have to give him a decision about taking the plate out of my shoulder. My shoulder has been keeping me awake at night and muscle aches, but aside from that, I can use it and do most everything I want to, so it's been a hard decision for me, knowing I will have to be careful with it for another 6 to 8 weeks to avoid re-breaking while the 'screw holes' heal. And knowing there are no guarantees. There could be no improvement. From the beginning, I have had this feeling (trust your gut) that the plate needs to come out, but have been doubting myself lately. For Mother's Day, Michael gave me a book, "A Book of Prayer". Today when I picked it up, I just said, "Okay, God, if there's a message I need today, point me to it." With that I opened the book and the first prayer I saw was entitled "Because He Redeems All Things."

The prayer says, "Lord, I thank you that you are the God of redemption and restoration. Thank You that You are all about taking the imperfect and injecting Your perfection into it. Help me to remember that so I don't give up on situations, relationships, hopes, or dreams just because I think they are unredeemable. Thank You that You love me enough to be my Redeemer."

Since God is the center of my 'gut', I cannot doubt it. My decision is made. Thank you God, for sending me the message that it isn't time yet to accept the limitations. Your work is not finished.

No comments: